We love seeing our data.ai Community members succeed. Today we have another great customer story highlighting Belka Games!
Our team sat down with Belka’s Head of Monetization, Evgeniy Gilmanov for a great interview about delighting users, staying ahead of the competition, and maximizing revenue.
25% increase in ARPU after using data.ai Intelligence
Streamlined efficiencies: Several days per month saved by centralizing market research with data.ai
In Evgeniy’s own words:
“We rely on data.ai services almost every day. In terms of time, we save several days per month using data.ai’s estimates. The quality of the information is the important thing: data.ai provides a unique dataset that cannot be obtained from other sources, all in one centralized place.”
Thirteen years after starting their company, Belka is a global success story – firmly inside the top 20 grossing mobile games studios in the EU according to data.ai. Today, the Cyprus-based company is best-known for three global hits: Clockmaker, Bermuda Adventures and Solitaire Cruise. These titles now have more than a million daily active players.
“So on a day-to-day basis, how does Belka currently use data.ai?”
“It really goes right across the organization, but in terms of individual departments I can summarize it as follows:
- Marketing. We monitor new markets and competitors to see where we can enter new geographies. We also look at cross-app usage and monetization to decide which genres to support with advertising.
- R&D. The team extensively studies data.ai reports when planning the next project. We want to understand trends at the macro level and within genres, identify best practices, and then proceed with prototyping. One of the projects is on its way to global release, so stay tuned!
- Business development. We monitor overall market trends across the top-grossing charts, and pay attention to what's happening in the genres where we are already active. We are looking at new projects across multiple geographies.
- Product. Here, we study competitors' updates and metrics. We are looking at cross-app functionality to help us find promising new intersections and in-game activities.”
Check out the full story here to see how Evgeniy answers the following questions:
- How would you describe your team and its mission?
What were the shortcomings of your analytics processes that led you to start working with data.ai?
So on a day-to-day basis, how does Belka currently use data.ai?
It's interesting that you mention 'promising new intersections'. Can you think of a real-life example of this?
You also mentioned geographical insights. Can you explain how data.ai has shaped your approach to different global markets?
We want to give a huge thank you to Evgeniy and the entire Belka Games team for sharing their story with us. We love being able to work with you!