Question

Ranks by: Store Rank - Google Play

• 1 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have some questions related to top charts.

Q1: Data.ai shows the overall top charts which includes games & apps too. but on google playstore we can only see top charts with respect to games & apps separately. My questions is how data.ai collects such type of overall data.

Q2: How does data.ai shows the top charts data on analyzing which KPI, how does other app stores rank app under what KPI.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Hunter2k19 - Thanks for asking!

Q1: When talking about “Ranks by: Store Rank - Google Play” - While not directly linked on the Google Play store main navigation, we use "overall" ranks urls that have the apps and games combined. We use these urls to provide us with information on overall ranks on Google Play.

Q2: Could you clarify the question here?

Emily

Badge

Hi @Hunter2k19 - Thanks for asking!

Q1: When talking about “Ranks by: Store Rank - Google Play” - While not directly linked on the Google Play store main navigation, we use "overall" ranks urls that have the apps and games combined. We use these urls to provide us with information on overall ranks on Google Play.

Q2: Could you clarify the question here?

Emily

My question was that what KPI’s does data.ai used for ranked apps in both app store & Google play. Are they same as the app store KPI’s or data.ai uses a little different KPI’s.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Hunter2k19 - For “Ranks by: Store Rank” we are showing in the platform the rankings from both the app store and Google Play, which is based on their own algorithms. 

Badge

Hi @Emily Cid 

I have a question related to the one above.

On 31.07.23 I looked at the data for Highest Rank Date for NBA League Pass (Google Play) divided by country and it showed that the highest ranking position for the NBA League Pass in Cameroon was no. 1 on 02.02.21 while when I looked at the same stats on 06.02.21 the highest reported position for Cameroon was no. 2 on 06.11.2023 which is lower ranking then reported before.

The same happened for Senegal, Mali and Guinea-Bissau where the highest ranking reported before was higher. 

When it comes to Apple Store it all seems to be correct.

Do you know what may be the reason behind Google Play reports?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Elwis a couple clarifying questions:

1. You are speaking about the Google Play - NBA: Live Games & Scores app? 
  2. You are looking at specifically the Rank History report, filtered by Cameroon and looking at Download Ranks?

For this report, I see that in Camaroon, NBA: Live Games & Scores does not start ranking until August 21, 2022 in the Sports Category. See report here. (this is for google play)

I think you may have had US also selected on the report but let me know if you are still seeing something different!

Emily